This website was chosen by your employer to bring you a range of benefits on behalf of your company, and your data is shared for the purposes of delivering the best online experience, for HMRC compliance with scheme provision and enrolment, for ease of application to schemes and to assist with telephone queries and applications.
The Salary Exchange is registered under the data protection laws in the United Kingdom and takes all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access to personal information. We comply fully with the Data Protection Act 1998 (Registration Number Z1761247).
The information we collect
The information we collect may include:
- First name, Surname and Title
- Payroll/Employee Number (for identification purposes)
- National Insurance Number (for identification purposes)
- Home address
- Telephone numbers
- E-mail addresses
- Salary details
- Hours worked
- Details of benefit entitlement
- Details of benefit spend
- Telephone conversations where employees are confirming benefit selection
- Details of dependents
What happens to my information?
We require this information to:
- Assign your details to a personal online account
- Ensure the experience of using Salary Extras is as straightforward as possible
- Ensure when you apply for benefits, your application does not take your salary to below National Minimum Wage or to comply with other HMRC guidelines
- Ensure your application complies with the limits or rules your company sets against each scheme
- Ensure you can apply successfully for a benefit over the phone using the customer care centre.
- Ensure you receive the benefits you have been approved to receive.
Any personal information shared during a telephone conversation with one of our operators is always kept strictly confidential. Calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes to ensure The Salary Exchange maintains its high standards of customer service.
Personal information will only ever be passed to an approved third party in order to access or fulfil benefits applied for through the Salary Extras. Any third parties will have been pre-agreed with your employer.
The Salary Exchange adheres to the following basic eight principles:
- Ensure that all personal information is processed fairly and lawfully
- Personal information shall only be obtained for one or more specific and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with those purposes.
- Personal information requested is adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes they are processed.
- Any personal information held is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- No personal information is kept for longer than is necessary.
- Personal information is processed only in accordance with the individual’s rights under the Act.
- Ensure that appropriate technical and organisational measures are taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction or damage to personal information.
- Ensure that no personal information used on the Salary Extras platform is transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area.
A cookie is a small file which asks your permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps Salary Extras monitor which pages you find the most useful to help us provide you with a better website.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
If you decline cookies, please be aware that this may impair your ability to use some areas of the website.
The Salary Exchange will never share, sell, lease or distribute your data for direct marketing. We will never contact you by email, telephone or by post with any marketing communication unless instructed to do so by your employer and only ever in relation to employee benefits.
Occasionally, with the permission of your employer, we may contact you via the Salary Extras message centre with a short survey to receive feedback on the benefits your employer hosts on the Salary Extras platform.
We will never share, sell, lease or distribute personal information to data brokers
We sometimes use other companies to provide services for our clients which require us to share employee data. In such cases, your employer will be aware and will have agreed to us releasing this data to a specified service provider. In such cases, we only use service providers who have signed a Data Protection Act agreement with us. These companies are required to act in accordance with the instructions we give them and they must meet the requirements of the Act to keep the information secure. When we share data, we only share the minimum required for that application, and service providers are not permitted to use the data for any purpose other than the purpose it has been expressly provided for.
Subject Access Requests
You may at any time request a copy of the personal information The Salary Exchange has on record for you along with a description of how the information is being used.
Subject Access Requests are subject to a £10 administration fee, and may be requested in writing by contacting:
The Salary Exchange Limited
The Salary Exchange reserve the right to divulge information when we are required to do so by law, for example under a court order or provisions contained in legislation.
Changes to the policy
We may change this policy from time to time as we add new services or features, or in response to changes in the law or our commercial arrangements. Any changes to this policy will be posted on this website.